Duration: One day
Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who is this course for?
This workshop would benefit those who would like to understand how to identify and deal with the pressures and challenges of their role and develop mechanisms for meeting these challenges with a positive mind-set. The day is a mixture of theoretical input, practical exercises and developmental activities which will enable delegates to continue to embed the coping mechanisms long after the course itself.
- Emotional Intelligence; theoretical understanding plus the completion of a short questionnaire
- The benefits to self, team and organisation of developing Emotional Intelligence and strategies for doing so
- The links between Emotional Intelligence and resilience
- Methods for Increasing self-awareness
- Taking charge of your thoughts and feelings – mastering your mind-set
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis and how it helps you to understand your (and others’) mind-set
- Identifying and building on your key work-based strengths as a coping strategy
- Understanding how the brain reacts to stress and change – and what you can do about it
Benefits of attending
Delegates will leave this session with a thorough understanding of emotional intelligence and how its development can increase our resilience. Particular focus is spent on self-awareness of interpersonal style and thought processes that may be either helping or hindering our responses to challenging situations. Ways of challenging or capitalising on these thought processes and beliefs will be discussed and the tools for the analysis of these on an ongoing basis will be given. Delegates will identify and have a thorough understanding of their own work-based strengths using a card-sort exercise; this will help them identify their own ways of using them to deal with life’s pressures. Delegates will also be able to start analysing transactions in every day interactions with others to enable them to get the most from those interactions, improving their ability to build relationships and influence others.