Duration: 1 day
Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who is this course for?
This course would be of benefit to those managers who are relatively new to managing people and want to understand what is expected and how they can ensure they have the requisite skills and attitude. It will help those who want to add some structure to their managerial development and those who just don’t know where to start!
- attitudes, skills and responsibilities required when managing people
- key current leadership themes and models
- stage by stage exploration of self-managed development planning
- creation of a fully formed development plan
- options include the use of psychometrics to aid awareness and reflection of personality and motivation/learning styles
Benefits of attending
Delegates will leave this day understanding how to take charge of their managerial development – the why, the what and the how. They will have a clear understanding of the attitude shift needed when managing people, the skills required and how they can go about acquiring or enhancing them. A personalised development plan is the end result which can feed into organisationally specific plans as appropriate.